The Wheel of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Time

The One Power and the Wheel of Time come together here at One-Power

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Creator
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
The Creator

Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures   Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Brian Sanderson Blog entry Posted on 06.09.08

I'm not sure if you've all seen these or not, but I thought I'd post them. I've been hanging onto them for a while, waiting for a good time for it on the blog, and finally realized I just needed to get them up.

Back in April, the Citadel (where Mr. Jordan attended college) put up a permanent display about him and his writing in their library. It was a wonderful gesture, and the display is very nice. I flew out for the event, as did David Drake, and joined a very knowledgeable professor in a short panel on what Robert Jordan's writing had meant to the world and to us personally. Mr. Jordan's assistant sent me these photos of the event.

Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures BranHar_thumb

Harriet and myself right before the event. Note the styling Asha'man dragon pins we're both wearing, sold by our friends at Badali.

Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures Case1_thumb

Shots of the display case itself. There's a copy of a Heron marked sword in there, I believe. Wink

Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures Panel_thumb

The panel, moderated by Harriet, with Dave Drake on the end, then me, then Michael, the local literature professor who knew a TON about the fantasy genre and Mr. Jordan's work.
Back to top Go down
https://thewheeloftime.rpg-board.net

Robert Jordan Citadel Dedication Pictures
Page 1 of 1